3/4cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
5squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light-brown sugar
1teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4cup semisweet chocolate chips
Sift together flour, cocoa and salt. Melt together butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Add eggs,vanilla and sugars. Stir very well until sugars are dissolved.
Gently fold in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
Pour batter into a 9 inch square baking pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper. Bake for about a half hour at 350 degrees F or until the surface of the center of the brownies appears dry and firm. Toothpick test will not work for this recipe but it will tell you if the middle is still liquid. Do not over bake these brownies or they will be dry rather than moist and chewy.
Cut into squares when completely cool and frost individually with chocolate ganache.
Scald ½ cup whipping cream and stir in 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips until completely smooth. Cool slightly before frosting brownies.
para dos personas
300 g de tallarines de arroz
4 cucharadas de salsa de pescado
2 cucharadas de salsa de soja
4 cucharadas de cacahuete molido (o anacardos)
250 g de langostinos
150 g de brotes de soja
40 g de cebolla
50 cl de zumo de limón (2 limones +/-)
20 g de guindilla roja (menos si no te gusta el picante)
2 dientes de ajo
Hervir agua. Cuando llegue a hervir, introducir los tallarines de arroz durante 8-10 minutos. Colar los tallarines y reservar.
Preparar en un wok o una sartén unos huevos revueltos que reservamos para luego.
Echamos unas gotas de aceite en un wok y salteamos los ingredientes que vayamos a usar en este orden mejor: guindilla, ajo, cebolla, gambas, brotes de soja…hasta que se doren.
Echamos la salsa de pescado, de soja, esperar un poco y echar los tallarines. Mezclar bien.
Añadir los huevos, la mitad de los cacahuetes y el zumo de limón.
Mover bien para que se mezcle y se caliente. Quitar del fuego.
Dar el toque final con el cilantro fresco, los cacahuetes que quedan y a comer!
I Heart Cabbage - In Pictures
Savoy Cabbage / Bacon / 5 Garlic Cloves / Butter / 280ml Veg Stock (1)
STRIP cabbage leaves
ROLL leaves and slice finely (2)
HEAT large pan, adding oil
SLICE bacon and add to pan
CHOP garlic and add when bacon is browned (3)
THROW in knob of butter, cabbage and stock when garlic is browning (4)
SHUT lid on pan for five mins
STIR after 5 mins, leave lid off
LEAVE on heat for 5 mins
ADD bacon to literally everything and people will love you
GO COOK YOURSELF
Nutella Lovers Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, for garnish
- In a food processor, pulse together the graham crackers, powdered sugar and hazelnuts.
- Add the butter and pulse a couple more times to incorporate.
- Press into a 9 inch springform pan. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time and mix until full incorporated before adding the next.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool at room temperature and then chill at least 6 hours.
- To make the ganache, stir together the Nutella and cream over low heat until completely blended together.
- Cool 30 minutes. Spread on top of cheesecake and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Chill until firm. Cut and serve.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Okay, okay. Slow Cooker Sunday really isn’t working out. I mean, I haven’t had a Slow Cooker Sunday post since February 12th (see http://cookbookmeals.com/post/17526658207/slow-cooker-chicken-burritos). However, it IS Sunday, AND I used my slow cooker today, so why not try to bring it back?? And, what a GREAT way to bring it back!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken!
Again, any meat cooked in the slow cooker is super tender and delicious. And this chicken is no exception. The sauce was delicious with just the perfect amount of heat. It was so satisfying that I didn’t even use a bun. I just wanted to meat in all its pure goodness, no distractions. This meal was so easy to assemble, too. No cutting, no pots and pans. Just the slow cooker, some chicken, and some spices…
- Place about 3 pounds of chicken breast in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon onion powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. (Sorry, this photo is over-exposed!)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of s&p.
- Add 12 ounces (1 bottle) of beer. (I used a homemade brew. We started brewing our own beer recently, and boy, is it good!)
- Add 24 ounces of BBQ sauce.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8).While you’re waiting, do the dishes or some laundry, or go to the local bar to watch the game, like I did! Nothing is better than coming home to a finished meal!
- When the chicken is finished cooking, remove it from the slow cooker.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Mix in some of the sauce from the slow cooker to the shredded chicken. (Save the rest to add when eating.)
Serve with a simple side dish of corn or baked beans. Also serve with some extra same on the side from the slow cooker. And, as previously mentioned, I was going to pile the chicken high on top of a toasted English muffin, but after sneaking a bite of the chicken, I opted to just enjoy its barbecue-y goodness alone. However you serve it, though, it will be DELICIOUS! Enjoy!
Nutella Banana Bread
I admit it, I have an addiction to Nutella! Therefore, I had to make this recipe! And guess what? It’s delicious! Bananas and Nutella just go perfect with each other! Try this recipe and let me know what you think!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 ripe large bananas
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups Nutella